THE BEST SALTED EGG CHICKEN IN JAKARTA? - SEC BOWL BY RIUS VERNANDES

The trend of salted egg based dish has been a pretty constant and lasting one, might be said as one of the most enduring above all other trends in the food community. When it comes to salted egg, in this term I mean the trend of salted egg chicken rice (which are usually served in takeaway boxes); not the one served with prawns/whole fish in Chinese restaurants.

The debate in determining the best salted egg chicken within the vast and rapidly growing industry has been constantly prolonged, along with various perspectives based on people's preferences. Well, I think in any type of food we may be talking about, we simply cannot justify a single one to stand as the best one which works in agreement for everyone. Yet, there are several names who have been the leading brands specializing in salted egg based dishes.

Speaking of the leading ones, SEC Bowl by Rius Vernandes has been owning a high reputation and even awarded by public as the BEST SALTED EGG CHICKEN IN JAKARTA. I have tried some from other famous brands yet I have always been curious about SEC Bowl. Too bad that their restaurant is considerably quite distant from where I live and it would not be a good idea to make a delivery order from their restaurant outlet. I waited for some time until they finally opened their small outlet in Kelapa Gading a while ago! I was ecstatic when my friends told me that they opened their new outlet and available for online orders.

A few days ago, I was just at home taking a break after the finals week at school and I was not going anywhere that day, so I finally decided to order SEC Bowl online from their Kelapa Gading outlet (which was just approximately 2 kilometers from my place). It took about 15-20 minutes for my order to arrive in front of my door. Quick right? Perfect for a quick lunch. Alright, here is my brief and honest review about their uber famous salted egg chicken:

Salted Egg Chicken (40k)




PACKAGING
It was delivered in this plastic bowl (with the perfect size for takeaways and quick meals). It actually came along with their yellow SEC Bowl brand sleeve, yet it was stained because their soy sauce might had spilled on the road. Not much of a matter for this, so let us just hop into the dish itself!

TASTE
As soon as I opened the plastic bowl, I already had a good and certain feeling that this would really be the best that I would have tried so far and indeed it is the BEST one that I have tried in town so far (at least among the biggest brands). Their salted egg sauce was finely balanced and authentic with the ingredients. I really loved how everything was put in the perfect ratio; producing a bold and flavorful taste without being way too strong or overpowering. I also would like to highlight the texture of their chicken: well-fried without being way too crispy yet still has this crisp coating in their fine state. However, I think it would be a lot better if it was served directly on-the-spot because the heat was already a tad lost when it was delivered to my place. Last but not least, a good runny sunny-side-up that can never go wrong with this kind of dish!


To conclude, I personally agree with SEC Bowl being called as the best salted egg chicken in Jakarta. Yet, it all goes back to each of our preferences. Some of my friends said that the other brands are slightly better or equally good in their opinion. Well, I am just sharing my honest opinion from my perspective and I always try my best to keep everything honest and unbiased. This one will definitely be on the list of my most frequent online orders, yet I do recommend all of you to visit their "SEC Diner" outlet at Pantai Indah Kapuk (they have this lively and nicely-designed space to bring your loved ones over for a delicious meal). By the way, I am just going to link their Senopati outlet address below since the Kelapa Gading address has not been published yet. They also have several other outlets around Jakarta!


SEC Bowl by Rius
Jl. Cikajang No.12, RT.1/RW.4,
Petogogan, Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan,
Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12170
Opening Hours: 10 AM - 9.30 PM
Instagram: @secbowl


I N S T A G R A M
@richienakata

Z O M A T O
@richienakata
Sec Bowl Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts