GOOMA Tea Bar - Mall Kelapa Gading

I have been postponing this article too long. Not because that I am not enthusiastic to write about GOOMA, yet on the other hand I am always really stoked since they never stop to impress me with all their amazing beverage creations. I believe that this will never be a complete article since there will always be new ones every now and then, yet I am now sharing some that I have tried so far (and of course really love)!

The beverage sector of the F&B industry has been rapidly growing in a speed that I personally am incapable to keep up with. The trend keeps on coming and going; never seems to stop or rest even for a while and honestly it is getting more delirious due to too much of them. GOOMA is different and I have known it ever since I first knew about them a while ago. There are some brands in the F&B industry that I really love and have respect for. GOOMA has been one of the LEGIT ones that I have been glad to know about so far. I firmly believe that the determining factor between good or bad in the fast-developing and challenging world of F&B is not merely about how good or bad the food or drink is. It goes beyond all the things that are served on the table; it all started from the minds and ideas behind them.

The philosophy behind GOOMA is "to fall in love with matcha" and from that you definitely know that matcha lies at the heart of brand, or you can say that their blood type is matcha! Speaking of time, they actually have not been around for that long, yet they rocketed their way up to becoming the talk of the town and one of the very best (KUDOS to GOOMA!). Started all the way from Bandung, they now have outlets in Mall Kelapa Gading 1, The Breeze BSD, Paris Van Java, 23 Paskal and Junction Sumber Sari.


There are so many fantastic things that I would praise about them, yet one of the most stunning factor from them is how they choose to stay genuine and authentic to their own brand instead of trying to go with the flow along with the trends and things. If you notice, they always go anti-clockwise from things that are trending. However, I honestly thing that this way not only makes them shine even brighter, yet they always nail their brilliant ideas and groundbreaking concepts!

Also, another extra point that really boosts them and capture my attention even more is how they really aim to educate people about matcha. The common fallacy between matcha and green tea that is caused by the mistakes in market is actually saddening. The blurred lines between real matcha and those which are not seemed to become more significant and most people do not even know about what matcha is. Another round of applause and huge respect for the people in GOOMA who are never tired to educate people about matcha through their brand and how they serve their drinks. You shall not doubt about their authenticity since they really prepare and serve their beverages in front of you. Especially for their Matcha Series, they really display everything from scratch!


They basically have a simplified range of menu (which I love instead of having too much). Their menu is divided into three parts:

Photo Credit: GOOMA on Zomato Indonesia

- Matcha Series: their signature matcha blend, incorporated in various takes (starting from Virgin Matcha, Uji Matcha, until unique ones like Taste of Ginza, Ichigo Matcha and Kokuto Matcha).

- Tea Series: this series comes with no matcha, but honestly their Tea Series is pretty much equally good in comparison to their Matcha Series. Their take on tea is something unique: mild, comforting and just really fine! My personal favorite (which becomes the most sought-after) goes to their Royal Milk Tea (especially the hot version) and Okinawa Milk Tea.

*Fun Fact: My very first visit to GOOMA was actually not to try their Matcha Series. I know I was pretty much weird, yet I went with their Royal Milk Tea and that was the exact moment when I fell in love with this brand and then kept me coming back for more and more!

- House Series: this series consists of interesting ones that will speak loud to those of you who fancy unique (and vibrant) creations! Their best-selling ones are: Black Sea Salt, Hojicha and Black Kumquat!

One word that would sum up all of their creations for me would be: BALANCE. They never stop to come out with groundbreaking ideas that are all against the current in such fascinating way. They really know how to steal the spotlight. There were times when I had doubts about their huge courage to mix two elements that are difficult, yet they always succeed! No wonder why, because they always keep the BALANCE in their drinks. What I mean is when they mix one element with another, they complement each other in a balanced way instead of overpowering each other or not creating a harmony.


Alright, as I mentioned before, this article will pretty much be endless if I keep on spilling all the words and yakking about so many things. Presenting you some of their creations that I have ever tried so far. I did not take photos of everything that I tried, yet these are some that I got to photograph. In the end, GOOMA has never failed me with all their creations until today!

Uji Matcha
Their signature classic. The one that never fails and never stops to keep me coming back for the same thing. This speaks about GOOMA the loudest in my opinion. A mixture between their pure matcha with milk (I personally prefer skimmed milk). Just the quintessential essential, if you get what I mean. Very balanced and smooth, so you get the fair balance between matcha and milk (without having the milk covering the pureness of their matcha)!


Maui Milk Tea
This one comes from their Milk Tea Series and it is the mixture between rum and jasmine. Yes, they use rum in their blend. I would never expect myself to actually loving or comprehend this unique blend. Very balanced that you get the smoothness of the jasmine milk tea with a nice hint of rum which is very fragrant! Honestly, this is like a light rum cake turned into a drink. Magical!


Pei Pa Koa Milk Tea
I think this pretty much puts the word "phenomenal" and "mind-blowing" into GOOMA's identity. When they told me that they were about to launch this, I was really surprised. I mean, Pei Pa Koa had always been known as something that you would drink when you are coughing (well, to me it is the best medicine in the world). They successfully incorporated Pei Pa Koa into their Milk Tea blend and it was really good! They truly stepped up the game and I think this became their huge kickstart towards getting recognized by the public. Stealing spotlight and setting this trend which people were enthusiastically lining up for. However, this was SEASONAL and now it is no longer available in their menu (or perhaps they will make this reappear? Who knows, right.)


American Dream
They really took the perfect moment for this. Yes, 4th of July with the American Dream. This was their take on incorporating root beer with their milk tea range. I personally have always loved root beer. However, the tingling sensation of the soda when root beer hits the end of my palates has not really been my favorite. When this came out, this officially became my favorite root beer takes among ones that can be found in the market shelves. It has this creamy and delicate wrap to balance the root beer, resulting in a very smooth taste without that harsh tingling sensation! Though, this was another Seasonal Menu.


Dear Kukki & Koko Kukki
If the previous seasonal menu were all phenomenal already, these two are even more! Currently the talk of the town and what so many people are queuing for: Dear Kukki & Koko Kukki! This one incorporate Lotus Biscoff and Speculoos into their drink, creating a very lovable combination that everyone is going crazy for! I personally like Dear Kukki (a.k.a the OG in this series) more since the Belgian Chocolate in their Koko Kukki somehow lessen the emphasis of the Lotus and Speculoos. These two are served nicely both iced or hot, yet I definitely love the hot version better: the embodiment of a perfect Christmas drink and perfect to be sipped when the weather is just gloomy or the mood is comforting. Another great job from GOOMA! 


The list would honestly keep on going longer and longer since they always come up with bright new ideas every once in a while! However, to sum things up, I just love all their beverage creations. Aside from being groundbreaking, creative and genius, they always stick to their genuine identity and really think well before releasing a new blend to the market. GOOMA to me is not a brand that just builds a customer-producer relationship, yet it creates a feeling of comfort and as cliche as it might sound, they really make everyone "fall in love with matcha"! No doubt that GOOMA is currently on top of my list of best beverages in town and I just love how they decide to walk in their own path instead of following all the explosive trends out there.

I really hope that GOOMA can keep on evolving and inspiring the market and people with their amazing beverage creations. I really put trust and hope in this and I also hope that those of you who are reading this may also love their drinks! Regarding time and space, they might not be the biggest, yet they currently secure a spot in Zomato's "Jakarta's Finest" with an outstanding rating compared to the big ones out there. They are humble, yet they shall never be underestimated. Always waiting for more and more interesting ideas from GOOMA and for the future releases to rock the market. Love!

All the very best for GOOMA!


GOOMA
Mal Kelapa Gading 1, GF Unit G # 187, 
RT.13/RW.18, East Kelapa Gading, Kelapa Gading, 
North Jakarta City, Jakarta 14240
Opening Hours: 10AM - 10PM
Instagram: @gooma.id

GOOMA Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts